Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gratitude is an Attittude

I am thankful.....

For the mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

The taxes I pay because it means I am employed.

The clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.

My shadow that watches me work because it means I am in the sunshine.

The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking.

All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

The lady behind me at church who sings off key, because it means I can hear.

The piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

The lawn that needs mowing, the windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

When the alarm goes off early in the morning because it means I am alive one more day.


I don't know who originally wrote this, but I liked the sentiment behind it. While there is always something to complain about---there is usually much more to be thankful for! You just need to be willing to see it that way! :0)
Enjoy your thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: