Thursday, June 18, 2009

figuring things out



Every once in a while I'd like to post a quote that I like....just because.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to get a good up close image, so that it is clear and easy to read.

This one above, for instance, has a "light spot" and sheen on it, due to the flash of the camera. Hmmmmm......

I suppose I should scan something like this, but I am a little embarrassed to say that I am not sure really how to go about doing that.


Matt? Oh, Matt....? Computer guru husband of mine...?


I guess I should also add my thoughts about this quote. I feel I should say that while I believe this quote to be true and inspiring--I don't believe it is COMPLETELY true. Yes, I believe each one of us has the responsibility to make life what we want it to be--to not be a victim, to not sit around waiting for things to happen, but to MAKE things happen....

BUT-I ultimately believe that it is GOD who has the control...and thank God for that!! He can make much more happen than I ever could. He can change bad into good, and He can halt things I am trying to accomplish if I am seeking His will, and I am headed in the wrong direction.

I guess...what this quote needs is more of a thought in parenthesis after the YOU to say, "(not someone else)". Or maybe, YOU "(and your attitude)"....if we are just talking about people here. Of course, if you did include those words in parenthesis, it no longer reads correctly, so....I don't know.

I am sure Jim Henson said these words fairly casually and didn't mean for them to be so complicated or picked apart like I am doing right now. :0)

No comments: