Saturday, June 16, 2007

no where fast

We are getting no where fast around here.....as usual. I originally had big plans for painting our bedroom this weekend, but it is already 11:30am on Saturday, and it doesn't look like it is going to happen. Maybe if we are lucky we will get the ceiling painted.
Jacob has his last soccer game today in Lisle. We need to leave at 2:30 for a 4pm game. We will only get home about 6:30, then we will have to eat dinner, etc.
Ben leaves for Youth Summer Camp tomorrow at 9am (on Father's Day?...bad planning) and we don't have anything ready for that yet. I still need to go shopping for snacks for him to bring. AND-figure out what he will wear for "Villian night", "Parent night", and "Sport's night". They are all put on teams for the week....and compete with silly games all week long. Fro each of those nights they get points for each person on the team that dress up. One person will be picked for the best costume for each night. Their team gets extra points. Parent Night we sort of thought out.....Ben will dress like Matt. He will wear a computer T-shirt, tan shorts (he will tuck-in the T-shirt, and most likely wear a belt, even though Matt only does this some of the time) :0), he will also wear black Samba sneakers, and a baseball cap for full effect. We are clueless for Villian night. Sadly, I JUST threw away a Darth Vader Mask I had around for about 5 years. I threw it away when we were decluttering. Oh well. I also needs to find a Yellow shirt....because ben is on the yellow team (and they are supposed to wear their color). And, finally I will need to locate "Lumberjack" clothes, because Ben and his friend Jonah have this tradition of doing Lumberjack skits for Youth Events. They won for their Lumberjack video they made for the Movie Night in the Winter. I think everyone has come to expect this routine from them. I have yet to see them in action. Supposedly, they are quite funny.
Jacob and Matt are watching soccer on TV right now....while I am typing this blog. Can you see why I think nothing will get done this weekend?
Sadly, i have no big ideas for Father's Day tomorrow. Matt has suggested all kinds of present ideas---none that seem within the budget. :0) I think we will end up buying him boring things...like a new suit and shoes. (Which he has to go shopping with me for...) I suppose with my lack of planning--I should at least have him not feel like he has to work his bottom off doing house painting and bush trimming on his day. We will most likely take him for brunch. And, I might make Beef n' cheese foldover for dinner......since we haven't had that in a while and he likes it. I'd rather have BBQ, but then HE'D have to cook. Point lost.

No comments: