Sunday, April 20, 2008

photography

So....
I was viewing some great pictures my sister and brother-in-law just modeled for, for a photography friend of theirs, and really just started appreciating the idea of having someone capture moments in time. (Especially in such a beautiful and artistic way!) Which got me thinking about how I wish I knew someone that took such great photos. Wish I could! (I actually pretty much suck at taking good pictures.)

Then, I remembered that Ben is taking a photography class next year. He took two art classes this year, 3-D art, and Drawing....and next year he signed up for Pottery (he is anxious to work on a potters wheel!), and Photography. (I think Painting was his 3rd choice, in case he couldn't get into one of the other two). Anyway, I was thinking that Ben would probably be a great photographer. He has always had an eye for detail, and appreciating beauty in things that others just don't notice. When ever he grabs our camera (a pathetic regular digital) he seems to take a few pictures of cool angles, beautiful landscape, a gnarly tree, the rocks laying beside soft grass, etc.

Ben has been trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life...as anyone his age does. So far, he has been fairly lost in this area. But, I do know there is a very artistic side to my son. He is a deep thinker, a sensitive soul, lover of nature(and animals), and someone that appreciates new ways of looking at things. Maybe photography will capture his heart.....

1 comment:

kerry said...

that would be so fabulous! i can totally see ben doing that. if so, i'd love to connect him with our friend jimi (he did our wedding photos). he is in aurora and is super cool and, i think, could really inspire ben in that field. :o) just let me know! :o)